Splurge Review: Young Living Boswellia Wrinkle Creme

Backstory
Since I've been in school and not working full time, I've been reluctant to spend a lot on beauty and skincare.  One product I think is completely worth splurging on is Young Living's Boswellia Wrinkle Creme.  Considering that, at 23, I'm not very concerned about wrinkles, the fact that I'm willing to spend so much on a wrinkle creme is even funnier.  

Usually I have normal to oily skin, but this past winter, after struggling with breakouts, I changed up my entire skincare routine.  I was a lot happier with it overall, but I ended up with a few dry patches.  I tried more affordable moisturizers, but didn't get any significant results, so one night, I decided to try my mom's Boswellia Wrinkle Creme in place of a moisturizer.  It absorbed quickly and left my skin feeling soft and moisturized.  The next day, my skin still felt great and the tightness and dryness I'd been experiencing hadn't come back.  

Product Claims
Young Living claims that ... "Boswellia™ Wrinkle Cream nourishes skin for a smoother, more youthful appearance. Its primary ingredient methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) supports collagen to improve skin firmness and minimize fine lines. Essential oils of geranium, myrrh, sandalwood, and ylang ylang soothe and soften the skin, while frankincense and wolfberry oil enhance collagen formation."

Does it live up to its claims?  Results after 1 Month+
Yes, I think it does.  Not only did the creme help with dryness, but it also helped clear up the breakouts I'd been struggling with.  I also noticed an improvement in a few spots where I had hyperpigmentation from old acne breakouts and my skin is smoother and softer overall as well.  I've also got two lines on my forehead, between my eyebrows - I think just from the facial expressions I tend to make.  After about a month of using this, I noticed they were less visible, and after 2-3 months use, they're almost completely gone!  They aren't really wrinkles, per say, but they were pretty visible lines, and with how amazingly the Boswellia Wrinkle Creme worked on them, I'm pretty confident that it would be effective on wrinkles as well.


About Young Living
Young Living is predominantly an essential oil company and I get all the essential oils I use from them.  There are a number of reasons why quality is extremely important when deciding which essential oils to purchase, as many, even those labelled as organic, can be adulterated with chemicals that you don't want to be exposed to.  (See here for more information)  Young Living is very transparent about how they grow and distill their oils, which I appreciate, and they have a lot of information easily accessible on their website.

In terms of pricing, Young Living is a multi-level marketing company, so the cost you pay depends on how you choose to purchase from them.  For Boswellia Wrinkle Creme, this means you'll pay between $74.97 and $85.20, depending on how you purchase.  I use a number of Young Living's products, but I don't personally do the business aspect, so I'm not the right person to give more information about this.  That said, if you want to know more, I'm happy to put you in touch with someone more knowledgeable:)

Final Thoughts
Regardless of how you purchase, this is definitely a pricier product!  Young Living has a whole line of skincare and other personal care products, in different price ranges, but the Boswellia Wrinkle Creme is definitely my favorite of those I've tried.  I can't speak to how it works on wrinkles, but I found it to be a great moisturizer and I did see results on fine lines.  I wish it was less expensive, but I do think the results I've gotten justify the high price point.  Also, because you don't need to use a lot of product, the 2 ounce jar should last a good while.


         

No comments