LUVU Beauty Haul

Last week, LUVU had a review contest on their facebook page and I was lucky enough to win a $25 gift certificate to their shop.  After much deliberation, here's what I ended up spending it on:


Classic Red Lip Liner Pencil - I've been liking my other LUVU lip liners more than I'd initially expected to and since red lipsticks are notoriously bad for bleeding, I figure a red lip liner is a good thing to have on hand.  This is a more neutral red - not too blue or orange based.

Peppy Lip Gloss - This is the first LUVU lip gloss I've tried and so far I like it a lot!  It's a gorgeous papaya pink/coral colour that I can see myself wearing a lot this summer.  The formula seems really nice too - I'm definitely interested in picking up a couple more colours at some point.

Blending/Shading Brush - This ended up being a little bigger than I was expecting.  I think it's too big for me to use for eye shadows, as I'd originally intended, but I think it'll work nicely for either applying my Sleep in a Jar concealer or for highlighting.  I haven't used it yet.

(L to R) Classic Red Lip Liner, Peppy Lip Gloss.  Both colours are a bit brighter than they appear here (I guess that's what I get for trying to take swatch photos at night!)

As always, the whole ordering experience was great.  Because of the ongoing mail strike, LUVU is now shipping Canadian orders with Fedex, for the same prices they usually charge to ship with Canada Post.  I ordered late Sunday, it shipped Monday, and I got it today, Tuesday.  I hadn't realized just how much I've missed getting fun things in the mail until this showed up today!


         
 
Disclaimer: These products were paid for by a gift certificate I won in a giveaway/contest, but I am not being compensated in any way for this post.  All opinions expressed are honest and my own.

5 comments

  1. This looks like a really nice company, I'll have to check them out. The mail strike is really irritating, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really has been. I'm so glad it's finally over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog post :D I will have to have a look into that brand, i've never tried them before! Your blog is great, can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful blog :) i've added you to my google reader xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again! Just to let you know I have linked your website on my blog as I really enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete